Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Purple Yam December 29th


Hi EWI!

We had an amazing meal last night! It was actually worth the trip in that horrendous weather (and worth breaking my pre-NYE diet)! Every dish was unique, flavorful and had wonderful texture. Let's see, we had Chicken Adobo, Oxtail Curry over white rice, Shrimp and Scallion
Pancakes with a sesame-soy sauce, Se Sic (sounds like Sea Sick?) which was pig ear, snout and hoof with rice, Korean meatball sandwiches with kimchi and spicy sauce, Fried Pork belly, Pork sliders, Creamy Curry Vegetables, Fried Vegetable and Shrimp Cakes, Bi Bim Bop (?), Goat
curry with scallion pancakes and mango chutney,a Shaved Ice, Purple Yam Ice cream concoction, and a Young Coconut Cream Pie. Whew! Yes, it was a glutinous feast and your EWI ladies represented! Surprisingly, considering all the fried dishes, everything was light, nothing was over or under seasoned or greasy.

By far, my favorite was the Goat curry wraps. As I mentioned to the ladies, it may have been my low expectations, I had bad goat experiences in Iraq! lol! It was surprising and flavorful, I loved it! I also adored the Korean meatballs with kimchi, yes my "Kimchi Curse" has been broken! The other favorites were the Oxtail Curry and the Fried Vegetables. Everything was divine, so it was hard to pick favorites. My personal least favorite (although several of the girls
enjoyed it) was the Se Sic. It just didn't do it for me, but it was certainly not a bad dish.

The following link will take you to pictures of the glorious food!

http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/kcampbell84/Purple%20Yam/

No comments:

Post a Comment